REBER values your privacy. This privacy statement informs you about how we process personal data and demonstrates our commitment to protecting it.
Who we are
REBER, REBER Rechtsanwälte KIG and Yingke REBER GmbH, Asylstrasse 64, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland are responsible for processing your personal data. All references in this data protection declaration such as "REBER", "we" or "us" refer to REBER, REBER Rechtsanwälte KIG and Yingke REBER GmbH.
Which personal data we process
“Personal Information" means any information that relates to a person who can be identified directly or indirectly from that information and that is provided to us through the use of our website. This definition may include the definitions of the Data Protection Act (DSG) as amended and/or the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) in German. We process personal data from various sources:
- Basic data: Name, e-mail, address, telephone number, language preference, citizenship and passport/ID data, tax and insurance number, marital status, job title, the company you work for, and other basic information.
- Special categories of data: In certain cases where it is necessary for a particular service, we may process sensitive data you have provided to us (e.g. about your political opinion or health).
- Customer Relationship Data: Information provided to us by or on behalf of our current or prospective customers in the course of providing our services; as part of our on-boarding process or for compliance requirements, we may also collect information about your background and identity from public sources. As part of the processing of mandates, we collect data relating to the content of requests, communication with clients, documents, memos, documentation relating to the mandate, performance records, fee notes and invoices, etc. We may also collect information from public sources about your background and your identity for compliance purposes. If we collect personal data, it will only be processed and stored for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This data will not be passed on to third parties.
Limitation of this declaration
Purposes of the processing of personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- to establish and conduct business relationships and to respond to inquiries, in particular regarding the provision of legal services to our clients (this also includes the disclosure of personal data to third parties, insofar as this is in the interest of conducting the business relationship);
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations at home and abroad (e.g. by verifying your identity or background if necessary);
- to inform you about and promote our services, for example by sending you newsletters, legal updates, publications or invitations to events;
- to send Christmas cards and other information about REBER
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
- the fulfilment of contractual obligations;
- a legitimate interest (such as advertising our legal services and keeping our customers informed);
- consent, if this is necessary for the lawful processing of your personal data in the context of valid laws and regulations.
We inform our customers about this data protection declaration.
Disclosure of personal data
We may share personal information with the following individuals:
- IT and accounting service providers who are obliged to ensure an equivalent level of data protection;
- third parties who are or will be contracted to provide legal services, such as other law firms, but only if required and with the prior consent of the client;
- other third parties to whom we must pass personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations in the interest of our client.
Transmission of personal data abroad
Occasionally, and only if necessary, we may transfer personal data to foreign recipients, including to countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as Switzerland. We will only arrange for such a transfer abroad if it is necessary to fulfil the agreements with our client or to establish, exercise or defend the legal interests of our client.
This website uses the Google Maps map service, a service of Google, via an API. In order to use the functions of Google Maps, information on the page visited and the visitor's IP address are usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
This website has embedded videos from the YouTube site operated by Google. For this
purpose, information on the page visited and the visitor's IP address are sent to a YouTube server in the USA. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent
this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Protection of personal data
We apply appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal data within the framework of legal regulations.
Storage of personal data
We store personal data for as long as we have a legitimate and/or overriding interest and as long as they are subject to a statutory retention obligation.
Obligation to provide personal data
In connection with our business relationship, you must provide us with all personal data necessary for the conclusion and processing of a business relationship and the fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations. Otherwise, we may not be able to enter into or perform a contract with you.
You may request specific information about the processing of your personal data or request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data. As a data subject, you have in particular the following rights from the DSG or the DSGVO:
- Right to information on the collection and use of personal data;
- Right of access to the personal data that we have stored about you;
- Right to restrict (or prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- Right to rectification if any personal data we have stored is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to forget, i.e. the right to request the deletion of personal data;
- Right to data transferability (receipt of a copy of your personal data for further use by another service or organisation);
- Right to object to the use of your personal data for certain purposes;
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have reason to object to the use of your personal information, please contact us and we will make appropriate and reasonable efforts to resolve the problem. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner ("FDPIC") (http:/www.edoeb.admin.ch) and/or a competent EU supervisory authority (depending on jurisdiction).
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement from time to time (for example, in the event of changes to the law). Any changes will be posted immediately on the Website and you will be deemed to accept the terms of the Privacy Statement upon your first use of the Website after the changes. We encourage you to visit this page regularly to keep up to date.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The representative in the EU is:
VGS Datenschutzpartner UG
Am Kaiserkai 69